- When passing a password via the URL parameter, ensure the password cookie’s behavior matches that of core’s.
- Correctly handle passwords which need to be encoded when used in the URL parameter.
- Add escaping to all translated text.
- Various code quality tweaks.
If you publish many password protected posts (or even if you don’t), you may end up using the same password for each one. With this plugin you can define a global password from your ‘Settings -> Global Post Password’ menu, and switch password protection on or off from the writing screen with just one click. Whenever you change the global password, all password protected posts are automatically updated with the new password.
Note that this plugin does not automatically enable password protection on every post. It allows you to use a global password for every post that you choose to password protect.
- Unzip the ZIP file and drop the folder straight into your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Visit the ‘Settings -> Global Post Password’ menu in WordPress and set a global post password.
Now whenever you write or edit a post or page you’ll be able to switch password protection on or off with one click, instead of having to manually type in a password for each post. You can change the password whenever you like.
Please see the plugin’s page on the WordPress Plugin Directory for more information, including FAQs.
ZIP file from downloads.wordpress.org
Any comments, questions, queries, suggestions, complaints, etc, please leave a comment below!