- Update to the new style button from Instapaper. The original black version no longer works.
This plugin allows you to display Instapaper ‘Read later’ links next to each post on your blog just like on Give Me Something To Read. You can either automatically insert the links adjacent to your blog entries, or you can just use the template tag to insert the links wherever you like.
What the hell is Instapaper?
Instapaper is a fast, easy, free tool to save web pages for reading later. When you find something you want to read, but you don’t have time now, you click ‘Read Later’. When you do have time to read, you visit Instapaper on your computer or phone and get whatever you wanted to read.
Check out instapaper.com for all the details and to sign up.
Can I see an example?
- Unzip the ZIP file and drop the folder straight into your ‘wp-content/plugins-‘ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Check out the front page of your blog. A ‘Read Later’ link will now show adjacent to each post.
By default, this plugin displays a ‘Read Later’ link adjacent to each blog entry on your blog. If you wish to control where the links are displayed, you can go to the Settings -> Read Later Links menu and choose between a few display options.
If you choose to disable automatic placement, you’ll need to add the following code to your theme in order insert the ‘Read Later’ link for each post:
<?php do_action('read_later'); ?>
The code must be inside the WordPress loop.
- Marco Arment for making Instapaper
This plugin requires WordPress version 2.7 or later. Tested up to 3.4.2.
Version 1.2 ZIP file from downloads.wordpress.org
Any comments, questions, queries, suggestions, complaints, etc, please leave a comment!